mardi 15 novembre 2016

MUSIC

 Music has had a very important role in my life. I believe it is the best and greatest human invention.
 I always carry my phone and headphones around; I listen to music every single day. To me, it is an escape from the dull reality, it takes me to a more peaceful and beautiful place. I also do believe that music flows from heaven to the soul; it is supposed to smooth the mind and give the heart a rest.
 I grew up in a very artistic environment; I first was introduced to music by my father who's a singer and a luth player. I also had played the piano for three years.
 I can enjoy many music genres, from Alternative Rock to Grunge, Jazz to Blues, Trip Hop to Dream Pop... It depends on the days, my mood, the weather...
 I like songs with good lyrics, songs making you feel something; simply speaking what cannot be expressed. 
 Some of my favorite artists are Angus and Julia Stone, Flatsound, Aurora, Lana Del Rey, Arctic Monkeys, Pink Floyd, Cigarettes After S, The 1975, Nirvana, Citizen, Son Lux, Dillon, Sarah Jaffe, Coldplay, Daughter, Radiohead, Fauve, Postmodern Jukebox etc... 

 I think music can be one's inspiration, friend, identity, therapist, world.



7 commentaires:

  1. I love how passionate you are about music. You can tell how much it means to you. It probably helped that you grew up in a very artistic musically influenced life. How hard is the piano to play?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Annabelle,thank you! And yes it does mean a lot to me and growing up in an artistic family did help. I think that the hardest thing about playing the piano is that it involves playing two different tunes with different hands at the same time.

      Supprimer
  2. Hi Rim I like Nirvana as well. Can you still play the piano? Also what are your favorite songs?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Maddy ! I find it great that you like Nirvana too. I still can play the piano but I don't practice a lot. I think that my current favorite songs are Death Defying Acts by Angus and Julia Stone, 505 by Arctic Monkeys and Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones.

      Supprimer
  3. Hi Rim my name is Jojo. I agree with you, music is the most amazing invention there is. I carry my headphones everywhere too. I love the fact that it speaks to everyone around the world. It moves people in a way that words can't express. It brings people together. I listen to pink floyd and nirvana and a lot of other artists. I enjoy pretty mush all music. Have you always liked music? Do you play any other instruments besides piano? What other things do you like?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Jojo! I totally agree with you and I like the fact that we both listen to the same artists. I've always liked music but I started really enjoying and loving it when I was about 10 years old. I can play some songs on the guitar too. I like literature and arts; photography, drawing, painting, sculpture, reading and writing.

      Supprimer
  4. Hi Rim. I also enjoy music, and listen to it every day.While I am familiar with the bands you listed, I find myself enjoying hip hop/rap while I play soccer, or Work out.Do you play any sports?

    RépondreSupprimer